Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hand Dyed Heaven !!!!!!!!



Been having some fun this week!!! The top 3 pics are my efforts.....the bottom 3 are from an eBay seller called Calana Crafts
I dyed my wool with KoolAid. I bought 2 hanks of wool from eBay some time ago, aran weight, totalling @1200g....(a lot) and have split it into smaller hanks.... am dyeing 3 smaller hanks (about 100g each roughly) at a time. I put the mixed with water KA into a pyrex dish, stuffed the pre-soaked hanks in, in no particular order....zap for 2 mins, cool and then zap again. Then repeat for the next colour etc...
Easy peasy! And the wool smells yummy.....
Am working on a pattern for summer woolly shorts, and am doing all this wool for them :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whoaaa thats soooooo CUTE !!! did you make it by urself? :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

That yarn looks lovely. I can't wait to see what you knit with it.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home