Thursday, May 01, 2008

Guinevere



I love this yarn!!! I have spun two skeins of it, and one is reserved for me, to knit a beanie :)
As I was spinning it, the colours reminded me of Medieval gowns, tapestries and regalia, and as a big fan of the Pre-Raphaelite movement, I named this creation Guinevere.
One single is of variegated Corriedale, spun from pencil roving, and the other is a single of burgundy/cobalt blue merino, to make it self stripe. The colour changes will come approximately every 13yds of yarn.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

I don't know if you have mentioned this before, buy what kind of wheel do you use?

I love the colourways. I need to start dyeing my own fibre

4:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this yarn, it's beautiful!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Very cool! Did you get yours from the seller in the Netherlands? I've heard good stuff about her so hopefully it will get here in great condition.

And I know who to ask if I need any tips!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Clair Coult said...

That is really lovely. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Guinevere - tis where my name comes from :)

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home