Monday, June 16, 2008

A fist full of sock yarn :)

I had a play with kettle dyeing in my slow cooker yesterday, which was a lot of fun.....

The base yarn is Wendy Merino superwash 4 ply in white.....

I dyed them all a solid colour first, then squirted on other colours once the dyepot was good and steamy. The dyes exhausted immediately, because of the fact that the yarn was superwash, and also 'cos of the heat.....


Here's the results anyway......they'll be going into my etsy shop at some point this week :)

LottieRu

Neptune

Goblin

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Myrthestiek said...

The colors are aw sum!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

wonderful colours:)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Wow those colorways are amazing!!! thankyou for entering my 200th blog drawing.Hugs Darcy

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home