Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Lush Fluff :D


I was VERY lucky/cheeky to have nabbed this from a destash by the lovely Jacqui (Jammam on Ravelry, and the lady I purchased Lola from too, incidentally)....it's called "Kakadu", and its from Southern Cross Fibres on etsy (yes, dear readers, I am developing a real taste for this talented fellas work *sigh*)
Its just that I don't DO these sorts of colour combos myself, well not really.......and it's really hard for me to find stuff I know I can't/won't do myself....
Its all ready to go on the wheel.......as I am going to use it to make an instructional PDF thingie, on how to spin enough 3 ply yarn to knit my Slouchie Beanie, and get it to stripe properly etc
I kinda feel like a bit of a fraud selling the pattern as it is, as its really simple to do...don't want people doing a Homer~esque "DOH!" when they've bought it and realised they coulda designed it themselves ;)
So......my cunning plan is to sell the pattern as part of an instructional leaflet with enough fibre to spin the yarn up themselves, and then knit the hat.
I will also spin my own yarn and sell it alongside the pattern, so peeps will be able to make their own with my handspun.
As if I havn't got enough to do, eh??

2 Comments:

Blogger Miffy said...

That is rather lovely.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Clair Coult said...

That fibre is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finied results.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home