Monday, September 01, 2014

Method in my Madness

You may have noticed recently (especially if you like my Facebook page ) that I have been quite.. ahem... 'prolific'... posting pictures etc
There are a few reasons for this, one being I am exhibiting at the Bakewell Wool Gathering in October, and that in itself needs exposure. It's a lovely show, friendly, easy to get to and also has a MASSIVE car park :P 
So yeah, need to motivate myself to do awesome things for this, as it's the only 'show' I am doing this year.
Another reason is that I have a new android phone, and it is brilliant, so it makes posting to Facebook/Twitter etc very easy...
But, the main reason, is that I have been feeling more creative and inspired recently, and I think being able to communicate that to everyone via social media is keeping me motivated :) 
The main reason though, is keeping the Black Dog at bay. 
So please bear with me as I clutter your lives with colour... but, in my defence, who doesn't like seeing happy colours pop up on their FB news/twitter feeds every now and then?
The last couple of days have seen me documenting my method (such as it is) of dyeing fibre...
 
First of all I use some inspiration. 
This is a picture Beast took on our recent holiday to Cornwall... he took it with his phone, and this picture was one of the reasons I got a new phone, for the camera... so I can take beautiful photos like this too!

 

Next, I formulate a 'colour plan' ...


... pre-soak the fibre, then mix my dyes and add the colour.

 

Then it gets cooked, left to completely cool, rinsed and then put on to an airer to dry. This is when I have to resist poking/picking at it, and let the top open out naturally as it dries.


 And when it is dried, I get to roll it up into a circle of wonderment and share the beautiful picture with you :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Haha. We are both crawling out of our little holes ;) Hello!! Hope you're ok.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Drool. I love how much easier it is to post photos when you have a decent smart phone. Keep posting pretty pictures please!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the way you have showed the work in it all....xxx

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home