Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Gathering My Thoughts.....

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has been in my corner over the last few weeks. Your support has been amazing, and such a comfort to me, so thank-you all, from every atom of my being ♥

Am back home with my boys now, after spending 3 weeks in Barrow with my Dad. Possibly the hardest 3 weeks of my life, for a multitude of reasons.
One question has been bouncing around my head, 'Now What?'...
This question has so many answers, and I am finding it extremely hard pinning down a definitive response, which is natural I guess.

Doesn't feel very natural though, trust me.

So for now, I have started knitting a very simple garter stitch shawl, 'Not Just a Triangle', a free pattern published by Chrissy at Stitched Together

Whilst in Cumbria, I visited Adrienne at Williams Wools in Kendal, and after a coffee, chat (mostly me talking actually, sorry, and thank-you so much for listening to my babble, Adrienne ♥) I became somewhat mesmerized with a ball of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn. Don't ask me why, as I am not a huge fan of Noro yarns at all, and THERE.IS.PINK.IN.IT... but I went with it... I mean what is the worst that could happen :P

A plan for it came together in my head, involving the Noro and some Olive green semi~Precious out of my Bakewell stockpile. I was hoping to finish something else before casting on, as I am a serial 'finisher' (mostly), but I felt wholly compelled to start it...

And so I did...

After 2 unsuccessful attempts at casting it on, this is a picture from day 2 (yesterday)... growing in such a beautiful way, the green is truly sublime.

This is the story sofar, day 3... ♥

I am seeing this project as a time to think, reflect on my feelings, even the scary ones. 
I think I will reserve the scary reflections for the pink parts :P
I may finish it, with absolutely no resolutions whatsoever, as a lot of my questions cannot be answered, but at least something beautiful will have emerged from the insanity that is my head. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe there is no need to think or resolve but allow yourself time to heal. This takes so much time. After my dad died a made a blanket. I wrap it around me for comfort whatever the reason I need it. It's like a hug from dad. Your shawl will do the same. Don't expect too much from yourself Sarah. Now is the time to breathe, life does go on and all the wonderful things about your mum are always with you...and make friends with the pink- it is a colour full of life and promise!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's beautiful. Peaceful knitting :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel very moved Sarah and don't really know how to put into words what I would like to say. I'm glad I was part of your journey home and I am quite honoured you felt comfortable enough to unburden a little to me, an almost stranger.
The shawl is looking lovely and I'm so proud of you for not taking out the pink. it's a little bit like life, isn't it? there are ups and downs and some bits we're not too keen on but in the end it will all come together and be beautiful xxx

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home