Tuesday, December 01, 2015

If at first you don't succeed ...


I came across this meme over on the Facebook yesterday, and it set a lightbulb off somewhere in my scattered brain. Every single one of those 12 points refers to me, and point 9 reminded me of a funny situation I had on a crafting weekend away with my friends ... it wasn't funny at the time, well not for me anyway :P
Trying to teach me new skills always requires a lot of patience and a very good sense of humour. There was a workshop on Bullion crochet, and for the life of me, I couldn't do it. Cue much foot stamping and sulking and anxiety... which lead me into point 2 !!

It wasn't such a good day to look into ones personality traits, but hey Ho! 

Yesterday was one of those days where the Black Dog had pretty much full on control of my head, as hard as I tried I couldn't focus on anything. Cue me trying to spin, weave etc with no luck... all enthusiasm sucked right away *sigh*

I did dye some yarn though... the day I get Green wrong, is the day I hang up my arm length heat resistant gloves...



This is a new yarn base I am trialling, a HT 75/25 Merino Silk sock yarn, and i love it so much, just need to test knit it now...

My lovely friend Laura gave me a tip on using bamboo placemats on the warping beam of my loom... 
So, I ordered some bamboo table runners and they arrived yesterday. Stupidly, I thought it would be a good idea to unroll what was already on the loom and put them in... BIG MISTAKE... it made the existing warp tension even worse than it was!
I wasn't that happy with what I was doing anyway, to be perfectly honest... so I did what I usually do... and feeling utterly stupid and disheartened, in a Sarah tantrum, I cut was what was on the loom off and threw it in the bin *shakes head*
In the past, the loom would probably have followed it, but I had a harsh word with myself... 
'No, have a go at rewarping it and do the project you originally wanted to do'



So I did, it took me a good couple of hours to get it all right, but thanks to the bamboo mats (♥ Thankyou Laura ♥ )  and my sheer determination to beat the hell out of myself, I did it. And the difference in the weaving experience is amazing.
I have lots of this yarn, and it is perfect for felting, then overdyeing, so I envisage cranking out a few versions of this project, just to practice warping.

When will I learn I have to take baby steps, and stop trying to run before I can walk??


1 Comments:

Blogger lottie said...

It's ok to do stompy steps sis

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home